ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

raw milk question

Posted by 1kaur 
raw milk question
March 10, 2010 01:43PM
waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh!

we've been buying raw milk for a couple of months now (thanks to a comment on this forum). it's always had a mildly sweet taste, and i really like it. however, this week the milk is noticeably salty. i remember buffalo milk in punjab being salty sometimes, and this tastes very similar. does anyone know if this is a problem with the milk? i don't want to drink it if it will make me sick... i'm only worried because it's such a noticeable change in taste. our local farmer is really nice and has said if any of the milk tastes "off", he'll replace it for free... but i don't know if salty is normal or "off".

i'm hoping those who have more experience with raw milk can help me out here... thoughts?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: raw milk question
March 10, 2010 01:55PM
We too buy raw milk but we have not experienced a drastic change in the taste. If you are not sure, it is better to be safe than sorry. Don't use this milk.

Kulbir Singh
Re: raw milk question
March 10, 2010 03:05PM
thanks veerji.

the farmer said that sometimes the cows can eat different kinds of grasses or plants that can effect the milk taste. maybe that's all it is. i think i'll let him know when i pick up our next supply.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login