ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Khalsa Bolee

Posted by Vista 
Khalsa Bolee
February 25, 2010 10:09AM
I have been going on panthkhalsa.org for a few years and only notice this page on there site today. Below i have posted a few words from there site. If anyone knows any khalsa used words please do add. Thank You

Khalsa Bolee

More can be found here Khalsa Bolee

Also known as : GarrGaj Bola (The Thundering Language), the language of the Khalsa is another example of Charrdi-Kala in the Panth. Containing a mixture of Panjabi, Farsi, and Brij Bhasha, the Bola's characteristics are uplifting, buoyant, cheerful, and often humorous. The Bola truly brings out a sense of Charrdi-Kala to uplift even the gloomiest of spirits. Below is a very small list of commonly used words and phrases and a list of rare Jaikairay (Battle-Cry of the Khalsa) is also given.

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Khalsa Bolee
February 25, 2010 10:16AM
what a great idea!

i have read about gargaj bola from european historians who encountered singhs in the 1700s... they were shocked and frightened by it. smiling smiley it's really cool to have a list of the various phrases. i'll see if my books have any more to add.

thanks!
February 25, 2010 11:44AM
These words called Khalsa bolay are the symbol of Chardi Kala of Khalsa jee in the 18th century.

Since they did not have access to almonds, they used to consider Bhujjay Kalay chholay as Almonds.

A Blind Singh was not called Blind but "Sujaakha" or "Soorma Singh".

Danda (big Bamboo Stick) was called "Akal Daan" (One that gives good intelligence).

One Singh was called "Sava Lakh" (125,000) and more than one Singh were referred to as "Fauj" i..e Army.

Dhan Guru Khalsa jee!

Kulbir Singh
February 28, 2010 01:15PM
KARCHI being calles Isher Kaur was very funny!>grinning smiley<

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login