ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can reading more Bani help my financial situation ???

Posted by hsc13 
Sadh Sangat Jeeo,

As you are all aware the present economic situation is bad and it is very hard to find work. For the past year I have had no luck finding work in my field despite my best efforts. What can I do to improve my situation. I have heard that reading Sri Sukhmani Sahib Paaths is good to improve one's financial situation. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks,

Harvinder Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Harvinder Singh ji,

You should have taken advice and started reading plus contemplating Sukhmani Sahib.

Singh Sahib you seem like a reasonable man.

Can "all talk and no action give results" ?

So please put your belief in Gurbani first.

Secondly post your C.V for members in order to get suggestions.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
putting your faith in guru sahib will improve your situation. whether it makes you rich or not is up to guru sahib, and probably based on your karams. reading more bani is always good and can never harm your situation. but if you think, "i'm going to read this bani just so i can get more money", i doubt that will work. waheguru ji does everything for a reason. maybe we don't understand that reason. and that's ok. the hardest thing about being a sikh is learning to accept god's will as sweet.

so my suggestion? read the additional paath, work hard, do ardaas every day, and see what blessing waheguru bestows on you.
The bad financial situation or any unsavoury situation arises because of our bad Karma. Gurbani paath and Naam abhyaas done with devotion and love erases bad Karma. A Sikh should not seek more money for enjoying pleasures of this world. These pleasures are false and to spend precious jewels of Gurbani paath and Naam for these false pleasures is bad business. To ask for stable financial situation, without greed, is not against Gurmat. What else can a Sikh do but Paath and Ardaas.

I believe that Siri Sukhmani Sahib paaths along with humble ardaas should improve any bad situation including the financial one.

Kulbir Singh
Sahs Sangat Jee,

Thank you for your advice. I am not looking for riches just want a stable financial situation. It seems that every job that I start just goes bad. Something bad happens at work where I have to leave the job and this happens every time. Last year I had a good job, I was told to do regular paaths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib. Because I was scared to lose the job I would do my daily Nitnem, Sri Sukhmani Sahib Paath, Sri Dukh Bhanjani Sahib Paath plus 1 Pakki Mala of Waheguru Jaap every day. But, things started to get bad at work. I could not maintain my daily routine. OUt of frustration I started to lose control of my sikhi one step at a time. Kaam got a hold of me and my downfall began. I will not go into details but I ended up l losing everything I had lost spiritually and financially. I had to sell my home and move into an apartment. Anyway, what should I do to prevent this from happening again ? Please help.

harvinder Singh
ਭਾਈ ਹਰਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀਉ,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਿਹ॥

ਜੋ ਦਾਸ ਦੀ ਸੋਝੀ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਸਕਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਰੋਜ਼ਾਨਾ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਚ ਦੋ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਦਾ ਕਤਈ ਹੀ ਵਿਸਾਹ (ਢਿੱਲ) ਨਹੀ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ। ਪਹਿਲੀ ਗੱਲ ਤਾਂ ਨਿਤਨੇਮ ਦੂਸਰੀ ਗੱਲ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੇ ਭਰੋਸਾ। ਸਿਰੜੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਬਸ ਦੋਹਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਭਾਲ ਦੇ ਬਲਬੂਤੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਭਿਅੰਕਰ ਸਮੇਂ ਚੋਂ ਨਿਕਲਣ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਰਥ ਹੈ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਦਾਸ ਨਿਜ ਤਜਰਬੇ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਹੀ ਕਹਿ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਸੁਣੀ ਸੁਣਾਈ ਨਹੀਂ। ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਹੁਣ ਤੱਕ ਰੱਖੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਜਿਸਦਾ ਕਿ ਦਾਸ ਰੋਮ-ਰੋਮ ਦੇਣਦਾਰ ਹੈ। ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਲੇਖਣੀ ਤੋਂ ਇਹ ਲੱਗ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਮੱਸਿਆ ਆਰਥਿਕਤਾ ਦੀ ਘੱਟ ਤੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ ਬਣਾਏ ਹੋਏ ਫੁਰਨੇ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਿਆਦਾ ਹੈ। ਉਹ ਇਵੇਂ ਕਿ ਜੇਕਰ ਥੋੜੀ ਹੀ ਕਿਰਤ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਦੋ ਵਖਤ ਦੀ ਰੋਟੀ ਮਿਲ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ, ਸਿਰ ਉਤੇ ਛੱਤ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਕੋਈ ਅਤਿ ਦਰਜ਼ੇ ਦਾ ਕਰਜਾ ਨਹੀ ਚੜਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਫਿਰ ਸੱਜਣ ਜੀ! ਆਪ ਜੀ ਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਮਹਿਰ ਟਿਕੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਮੰਨੋ ਜਾਂ ਨਾ ਮੰਨੋ। ਜਿਸ ਗੱਲ ਦੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਬਣੀ ਹੈ ਓਹ ਇਹ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਜੋ ਸੋਚਿਆ ਸੀ (ਮਨ ਦੇ ਬਣਾਏ ਹੋਏ ਫੁਰਨੇ) ਉਹ ਨਹੀ ਹੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਬਲਕਿ ਉਸਤੋਂ ਉਲਟ ਹੋਣਾ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ "ਨਰ ਚਾਹਤ ਕਛੁ ਅਉਰ ਅਉਰੈ ਕੀ ਅਉਰੈ ਭਈ ॥" ਇਸਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਭਾਈ ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਵੀ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਨਾ ਕੋਈ ਬੁਰੇ ਕਰਮ ਹੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਜਾਂ ਕੋਈ ਪਿਛਲਾ ਅੱਗੇ ਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ। ਹੁਣ ਇਨਾਂ ਦੋਹਾਂ ਹੀ ਹਲਾਤਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਨਿਕਲਣ ਦਾ ਇਕੋ ਇਕ ਤਰੀਕਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਕੁਝ ਹੋ ਜਾਵੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਪੱਲਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਛੱਡਣਾ ਸਗੋਂ ਹੋਰ ਘੁੱਟ ਕੇ ਫੜ ਲਉ ਭਾਵ ਨਾਮ ਜਪੋ। ਜਿਹੜਾ ਕਿ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਦਾ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਔਖਾ ਕਰਮ ਹੈ। ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਤਾਂ ਭਾਗਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਨਾਨ-ਸਿੱਖ ਵੀ ਪੜ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਪਰ ਨਾਮ ਤਾਂ ਕਹਿੰਦੇ ਕਹਾਉਂਦੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਜਾਂ ਦਾਸ ਵਰਗੇ ਨਾਮ ਧਰੀਕਾਂ ਕੋਲੋਂ ਵੀ ਨਹੀ ਜਪ ਹੁੰਦਾ। ਬਸ ਇਹੋ ਇਕੋ ਇਕ ਫ਼ਾਰਮੂਲ਼ਾ ਹੈ ਸਾਰੀਆ ਬਰਕਤਾਂ ਦਾ।

ਸੱਜਣ ਜੀ! ਵੇਖੋ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਬੀਬੀਆ ਵਲ ਜਿਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਛੋਟੇ ਛੋਟੇ ਬੱਚਿਆਂ-ਨਿਕੀਆ ਨਿਕੀਆ ਜਿੰਦਾ ਦੇ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਸਾਹਮਣੇ ਟੋਟੇ ਕਰਵਾ ਲਏ ਪਰ ਧਰਮ ਨਹੀ ਹਾਰਿਆ। ਹੁਣ ਤੁਸੀ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਦੱਸੋ ਬਈ ਬੱਚਿਆ ਤੋਂ ਵੱਡਾ ਸਰਮਾਇਆ ਮਾਂ ਪਿਉ ਲਈ ਹੋਰ ਕੀ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਜੇਕਰ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਤੋਂ ਉਹ ਵੀ ਕੁਰਬਾਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਫੇਰ ਭਾਈ ਆਪਣੇ ਕੋਲ ਤਾਂ ਅਜੇ ਅਪਾਰਮੈਂਟ ਵੀ ਹੈ, ਛਕਣ ਨੂੰ ਖੁੱਲਾ ਲੰਗਰ ਵੀ ਹੈ ਇਥੋਂ ਤੱਕ ਕਿ ਆਪਾ ਆਏ ਗਏ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਵੀ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਾਂ। ਫਿਰ ਤਾਂ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਨੂੰ ਕਮੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਗੱਲ ਦੀ ਵੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਬਾਬਾ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਹੈ। ਬਸ ਇਕ ਗੱਲ ਧਾਰ ਲਉ ਅੱਜ ਕੱਲ ਆ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਵਾਣ ਵਲ ਨੂੰ ਲੈ ਜਾ ਰਹੇ ਫੁਰਨਿਆ ਮਗਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਲੱਗਣਾ ਬਸ ਜਦ ਫੁਰਨਾ ਆਇਆ ਨਾਲ ਆਖ ਦਿਉ "ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ"। ਜਿਹਨੂੰ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਜਮ ਦੋੜ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਨੇ ਮਾੜੇ ਧੀੜੇ ਫੁਰਨਿਆ ਦੀ ਕੀ ਮਜਾਲ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਤਿਆਰ ਬਰ ਤਿਆਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਤੇ ਹਮਲਾਵਰ ਹੋਣ। ਬਸ ਡਟ ਜਾਉ ਖੰਡਾ ਖੜਕਾਉਣ ਤੇ ਜਿਹੜੇ ਵੇਲੇ ਵੀ ਖੜਕਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਤੇ ਬਾਕੀ ਛੱਡੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੇ "ਪ੍ਰਭ ਡੋਰੀ ਹਾਥਿ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ॥ਜਿ ਕਰਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਕਰਣਾ ॥ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਣਾ ॥2॥7॥71"ਤੇ ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਕਹਿਣਾ ਕਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਹੋ ਜਾ "ਸੋਈ ਕਰਾਇ ਜੋ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਾਵੈ ॥ ਮੋਹਿ ਸਿਆਣਪ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥ਹਮ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਤਉ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਆਪੇ ਪੈਜ ਰਖਾਈ ॥1॥ "

ਗੁਰੂ ਬਹੁੜੀ ਕਰੇਗਾ। ਭੁਲਾ ਚੁੱਕਾਂ ਦੀ ਖਿਮਾ।

ਗੁਰੂ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਭੌਰਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਦਾਸ,
ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ
[www.nytimes.com]

NY Times: Trauma of Job Loss Sets off Wave of Heart Attacks, Suicides
Its sad to hear so many people dying because of anxiety over losing a job. We have to keep strong faith in God. That's the only way to avoid anxiety.
hsc13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sahs Sangat Jee,
>
> Thank you for your advice. I am not looking for
> riches just want a stable financial situation. It
> seems that every job that I start just goes bad.
> Something bad happens at work where I have to
> leave the job and this happens every time. Last
> year I had a good job, I was told to do regular
> paaths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib. Because I was
> scared to lose the job I would do my daily Nitnem,
> Sri Sukhmani Sahib Paath, Sri Dukh Bhanjani Sahib
> Paath plus 1 Pakki Mala of Waheguru Jaap every
> day. But, things started to get bad at work. I
> could not maintain my daily routine. OUt of
> frustration I started to lose control of my sikhi
> one step at a time. Kaam got a hold of me and my
> downfall began. I will not go into details but I
> ended up l losing everything I had lost
> spiritually and financially. I had to sell my
> home and move into an apartment. Anyway, what
> should I do to prevent this from happening again ?
> Please help.
>
> harvinder Singh

I too have a difficult time keeping a stable job. Most of the times I voluntarily quit, but there a few times I got fired aka "laid off" lol.

But I never let the removal of job get to me. In the past when such things arised I just did ardas to Guru Sahib and ask him to give me a job so I can give to charity and prevent me from living an idle life, and sure enough Guru Sahib always found me a job, and the job has always been more funner and enjoyable then previous Jobs. While I was looking for a Job I tried to do as much paat as possible, and everything fell into place with me making little effort.

As long as a person gives at least dasvand, Naam Japna especially during AMrit Vela, then Guru will take care of all our problems. If we dont follow the basic then we have nobody to help us. If you keep Amrit Vela then ones Ardas becomes stronger.Im sure you will find a job in no time if anything a more enjoyable job then your previous job as long as you rely on Guru Sahib.
Thank you Sukhdeep for giving me such good advice. I was felling a bit down this evening and just reading your post today helped me to lift my spirits. I think I have lost my faith in Guru Sahib and I have not been faithful in doing my amritwela and Nitnem lately so how can I expect The Great Guruji to help me if I do not follow his teachings.

GOD BLESS YOU and THANK YOU !!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login