ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Darbar Sahib & Us

Posted by Vista 
Darbar Sahib & Us
February 16, 2010 06:54AM
I'm not much of person for writing anything on sikhee, but here goes with guroo sahib jees kirpa

Inspired by a Bhai Sahibs veechar

The Seeker heads to the Vaheguroos House, hoping to get a glimpse of Satguroo Jee, being able to place his head onto Satguroo Jees charan. ਹਰਿਕਾਸੰਤੁਮਿਲੈਗੁਰਸਾਧੂਲੈਤਿਸਕੀਧੂਰਿਮੁਖਿਲਾਈ ॥3॥ .It is the seekers desire.
Then to sit the sangat, the seeker is very grateful and fortunate, one knows that they will be saved in such sangat, ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿਮਿਲੈਤਦਿੜਤਾਆਵੈਹਰਿਰਾਮਨਾਮਿਨਿਸਤਾਰੇ ॥3॥.
To singh the praises of Vaheguroo in sangat, in the hazooree of Satguroo Jee, the seeker is emancipated, concentrating his suraat on gurbanee/naam he relishes and blossoms. ਸਭੇਗਲਾਵਿਸਰਨੁਇਕੋਵਿਸਰਿਨਜਾਉ ॥
The seeker has come to the darbar of Satguroo Jee to forget his worldy duties, problems, friends, politics. To find shaant and drink in raas is his ardaas. ਸੇਵਕਕੀਅਰਦਾਸਿਪਿਆਰੇ ॥ ਜਪਿਜੀਵਾਪ੍ਰਭਚਰਣਤੁਮਾਰੇ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

In puratan times the there was no rasta made to matha tekh, like there is now. The Gursikhs would just matha tekh to Guroo Sahib Jee from where they could, they would sit down in the nearest place, without having to walk through the sangat. As it would distracted people from the Gurbanee Keertan. There were no unfocused individuals. The atmosphere is electric everyone is focusing there dhiaan on Gurbanee/Naam and nothing else.

Using mobiles, looking around, talking, etc etc. To do these acts is not right, as there are individuals are try to focus on the Gur-Shabad, and we may distract them. One must avoid doing such things. Our aim is to join with Vaheguroo Jee, sitting in sangat and singing/listening to Gurbanee is very precious time one must do everything in order to get the most of such time.
ਜਨਮੁਪਦਾਰਥੁਤਾਰਿਆਨਾਨਕਸਾਧੂਸੰਗਿ

When a keertanee taking over doing seva on the vaaja, then nobody should get up and move. As this causes a lot of unwanted distraction and for that split moment we might be broken from our focus. A Naam Rasseya wouldn't be effected by this, but not everyone can be one. If a beloved is called up to come sit near the keertanee sevak, or if one wants sit near the keertanee this is ok. But now we have groups that get up sit at the front, then go and a another group will come. This should be our a mentality, from the front to the back everyone should be jaaping naam/banee.

If you go to a Church,Mosque or Mandir that period where they are doing there bhagatee is uninterrupted, we should strive to do the same.

ਨਾਨਕਕਉਹਰਿਕੈਰੰਗਿਰਾਗਹੁਚਰਨਕਮਲਸੰਗਿਧਿਆਨ
Please attune Nanak to Your Love, O Lord, and focus his meditation on Your Lotus Feet

Bhuk Chuk Marf
(I dont know if i made any sense)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Darbar Sahib & Us
February 16, 2010 08:25AM
Wonderful thoughts Vista jeeo.

The reason why the atmosphere used to be "Electric" in olden days was that everyone was totally concentrated on Naam and Gurbani. Today as you mentioned, there are so many distractions, e.g., mobile phones, looking around, talking etc.

Kulbir Singh
February 16, 2010 09:54AM
Im sure that in those time the vibe of Sri Harmandir Sahib was electrifying . But despite all these modern distractions Sri Harmandir Sahib still has the most beautiful vibe out of all the places in the entire world. I remember when I went there I thinking how blessed are those fish who get to live and swim in the Amirt Sarovar and do seva all day long. Eventually I started praising the fish and started thinking how blessed is the life for being in such a holy place that if fulled with Naam, and how cursed was my life. I started having desires to be like these fish. But then after careful consideration I begged Guru Ji for forgiveness for these thoughts and repented because we should always be thankful for the human body, and never should have any desire to be any other joon.

So to me Sri Harmandir had an amazing effect. I had no distractions besides some little children trying to steal money from my Puaji while were going to Matha Tekh. I think this problem of beggars and theifs needs to be addressed properly.
February 16, 2010 10:36AM
ਗਉੜੀ ਬੈਰਾਗਣਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
ਹਰਣੀ ਹੋਵਾ ਬਨਿ ਬਸਾ ਕੰਦ ਮੂਲ ਚੁਣਿ ਖਾਉ ॥

haranee hovaa ban basaa kandh mool chun khaao ||
What if I were to become a deer, and live in the forest, picking and eating fruits and roots
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਹੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਵਾਰਿ ਵਾਰਿ ਹਉ ਜਾਉ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
gur parasaadhee maeraa sahu milai vaar vaar ho jaao jeeo ||1||
- by Guru's Grace, I am a sacrifice to my Master. Again and again, I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice. ||1||
ਮੈ ਬਨਜਾਰਨਿ ਰਾਮ ਕੀ ॥
mai banajaaran raam kee ||
I am the shop-keeper of the Lord.
ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਖਰੁ ਵਾਪਾਰੁ ਜੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
thaeraa naam vakhar vaapaar jee ||1|| rehaao ||
Your Name is my merchandise and trade. ||1||Pause||
ਕੋਕਿਲ ਹੋਵਾ ਅੰਬਿ ਬਸਾ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਬਦ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
kokil hovaa anb basaa sehaj sabadh beechaar ||
If I were to become a cuckoo, living in a mango tree, I would still contemplate the Word of the Shabad.
ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਹੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਦਰਸਨਿ ਰੂਪਿ ਅਪਾਰੁ ॥੨॥
sehaj subhaae maeraa sahu milai dharasan roop apaar ||2||
I would still meet my Lord and Master, with intuitive ease; the Darshan, the Blessed Vision of His Form, is incomparably beautiful. ||2||
ਮਛੁਲੀ ਹੋਵਾ ਜਲਿ ਬਸਾ ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਸਭਿ ਸਾਰਿ ॥
mashhulee hovaa jal basaa jeea janth sabh saar ||
If I were to become a fish, living in the water, I would still remember the Lord, who watches over all beings and creatures.
ਉਰਵਾਰਿ ਪਾਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਹੁ ਵਸੈ ਹਉ ਮਿਲਉਗੀ ਬਾਹ ਪਸਾਰਿ ॥੩॥
ouravaar paar maeraa sahu vasai ho milougee baah pasaar ||3||
My Husband Lord dwells on this shore, and on the shore beyond; I would still meet Him, and hug Him close in my embrace. ||3||
ਨਾਗਨਿ ਹੋਵਾ ਧਰ ਵਸਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਵਸੈ ਭਉ ਜਾਇ ॥
naagan hovaa dhhar vasaa sabadh vasai bho jaae ||
If I were to become a snake, living in the ground, the Shabad would still dwell in my mind, and my fears would be dispelled.
ਨਾਨਕ ਸਦਾ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਜਿਨ ਜੋਤੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੪॥੨॥੧੯॥
naanak sadhaa sohaaganee jin jothee joth samaae ||4||2||19||
O Nanak, they are forever the happy soul-brides, whose light merges into His Light. ||4||2||19||
February 16, 2010 10:42AM
Inside Harminder Sahib; now they do not allow men to sit in front of Kirtani Singhs. That spot is reserved for women only. I miss that spot badly. I dislike their decision of division.
February 16, 2010 12:10PM
MB Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Inside Harminder Sahib; now they do not allow men
> to sit in front of Kirtani Singhs. That spot is
> reserved for women only. I miss that spot badly. I
> dislike their decision of division.

if they allowed singhnis to do keertan, then singhs could sit across from them. that would be a fair trade i think. winking smiley
February 17, 2010 07:48AM
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I have always been in a delimma while visiting Harimandar Sahib at Amrit Vela.

Whether to do Keshi Eshnaan at the hotel or go for a dip in Sarovar without Keshi Eshnaan.

Join in Sukhmani Sahib Paath Sangat or do Nitnem or listen to full Asa-di-vaar.

What to do ?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
February 17, 2010 09:36AM
I think what they suggest is to first do ishnaan at your dwelling and then do Ishnaan in the Sarovar.

As for what to do when in Siri Harmandir Sahib, I can't imagine doing anything else but listen to kirtan. Why would anyone leave Sachkhandi Kirtan and do anything else? Yes Nitnem is a Farz (duty) and should be done but anything else should be deferred to listen to Kirtan at Harmandir Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
February 17, 2010 10:22AM
Ha Ha------Bhein Ji, I am sure to disagree with you on that "Kiirtan by Bibian" issue. But presently, I am requesting you to agree with me that on that spot of listeners, there should not be no reservation for one gender.
February 21, 2010 09:46PM
i think the seating areas are separated by gender because they're packed so full of people, you're right up against the person next to you, you can't help but touch them. this can bring kaam in some people, so it's better to avoid it altogether.

besides, what's wrong with rehetvan singhnia doing keertan?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login