ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mahram or Mujrim

Posted by MB Singh 
Mahram or Mujrim
January 28, 2010 05:17PM
Bhai Sahib Gurdas Ji has wriiten following lines about Gursikhi. Dr Iqbal, the famous Urdu poet has used the same analogy of Meham Mujrim in his poetry. I have found the link to that poem. Sangat can understand and enjoy the explanation, how a Mehram is turned into a Mujrim; with a small dot.

ਇਕਤੁ ਨੁਕਤੈ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਇ ਮਹਰਮੁ ਮੁਜਰਮੁ ਖੈਰ ਖੁਆਰੀ ।
ikatu nukatai hoi jaai maharamu mujaramu khair khuaaree|
In Persian language only a point makes ‘mahram’ the confidant, a mujarim, the offender.

[www.zaufishan.co.uk]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Mahram or Mujrim
January 28, 2010 09:30PM
Very beautiful Bhai Sahib jee. I am delighted to read this. The link that you provided had the following lines written by Alaama Iqbal:

ਹਮ ਦੁਆ ਲਿਖਤੇ ਰਹੇ, ਵੋਹ ਦਗ਼ਾ ਪੜ੍ਹਤੇ ਰਹੇ। ਏਕ ਨੁਕਤੇ ਨੇ ਹਮੇਂ, ਮਹਿਰਮ ਸੇ ਮੁਜਰਿਮ ਬਨਾ ਦੀਆ।
(I kept writing Dua (prayer) but they read it as dagha (deception). Due to the difference of one dot, the Mehram became Mujrim).

Between Dua and Dagha there is a difference of only one dot and same way there is only difference of dot between Mujrim and Mehram. Basically he is saying that his friend misunderstood his intentions.

Bhai Gurdas jee is stating a deeper thought:

ਇਕਤੁ ਨੁਕਤੈ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਇ ਮਹਰਮੁ ਮੁਜਰਮੁ ਖੈਰ ਖੁਆਰੀ ।

It seems that Bhai Sahib is stating that one small mistake can turn a friend into an offender. One mistake can spoil the spiritual life of a Gursikh. A Sikh may be doing a lot of bhagti but one deviation from rehit can spoil it all. One spark of fire can burn tonnes of cotton. One drop of lemon juice can spoil the whole pot of milk. Sometimes, one small mistake or sin can spoil the whole life worth of spiritual earnings. We must be careful in what we do and say. We should always stay submitted to Guru Sahib.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Mehram or Mujrim
January 29, 2010 12:24AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Veer Ji, thank you very much for putting that poem in Punjabi and the explanations. Bhai Gurdass Ji Bani is really very inspiring and explanatory. As you say one mistake or one deviation from Rehit can spoil the spiritual life of a Gursikh. Or we can say that one small simple weakness of his may keep him away from getting the full blessings of Guru Ji. We may be doing all out efforts; but still having a small pin point problem (may be of Homai) which keeps us deprived of His blessings. ( Waheguru Ji Kirpa Karan; we can notice that problem of ours). Please try to explain Kheir and Khuaari. If we get Kheir ( Blessings or alms ) that is fine and if we get Khuaari ( problems or ?) we are losers. A beggar gets either of these; when he begs at the door of his lord.

It seems, ਖੈਰ ਖੁਆਰੀ, is also slightly different in writting, in the language Bhai Gurdass Ji was referring. Is it Punjabi or Urdu? How we write that in Urdu?

Guru ਖੈਰ Kare !!
Re: Mahram or Mujrim
February 01, 2010 07:41AM

It seems, ਖੈਰ ਖੁਆਰੀ, is also slightly different in writting, in the language Bhai Gurdass Ji was referring. Is it Punjabi or Urdu? How we write that in Urdu?

I don't believe that the difference between ਖੈਰ and ਖੁਆਰੀ is of a nukta as was the case with ਦੁਆ and ਦਗ਼ਾ or ਮਹਿਰਮ and ਮੁਜਰਿਮ. I think the word ਖੈਰ goes with ਮਹਿਰਮ and ਖੁਆਰੀ goes with ਮੁਜਰਿਮ. Naturally if one is a ਮਹਿਰਮ, then one would have ਖੈਰ and if one is a ਮੁਜਰਿਮ, then ਖੁਆਰੀ would be our destiny.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login