Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Accept me or Kill me!

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Accept me or Kill me!
February 01, 2010 02:07PM
ਅਬ ਹਮ ਚਲੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪਹਿ ਹਾਰਿ ॥
ਜਬ ਹਮ ਸਰਣਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕੀ ਆਈ ਰਾਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਾਰਿ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

(Now (after much pain and suffering - haar ke) I have resolved to walk towards Vaheguru. Now that I have come to your refuge , O Vaheguru, it is up to you to accept me or kill me).

The most amazing thing about the second pankiti of this shabad is that while doing ardaas, Vaheguru is given only two choices:

1) Raakh (Accept me), or
2) Maar (Kill me)

The third option could have been to neither accept nor kill. The third option could have been to turn the seeker away but in Gurbani the seeker does not give this choice to Vaheguru. "Either accept me as yours or kill me". What a great display of love! What a great nirmal love!

If we reach this stage that either we stay in "Prabhu Sharan" or we die, then Vaheguru will definitely keep us. He cannot kill us. It would be against his nature to do so. I believe the worse thing is to get turned away from his door. It is better to die, than to get turned away.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Accept me or Kill me!
February 01, 2010 06:14PM
ਚਿਤ ਨਾ ਭਯੋ ਹਮਰੋ ਆਵਨ ਕਹ ॥ ਚੁਭੀ ਰਹੀ ਸ੍ਰੁਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਚਰਨਨ ਮਹਿ ॥
chith naa bhayo hamaro aavan keh || chubhee rehee sruth prabh charanan mehi ||
My mind was not happy in coming to this world because it was attached to the feet of the Lord.

ਜਿਉ ਤਿਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਹਮ ਕੋ ਸਮਝਾਯੋ ॥ ਇਮ ਕਹਿਕੈ ਇਹ ਲੋਕ ਪਠਾਯੋ ॥ 5 ॥
jio thio prabh ham ko samajhaayo || eim kehikai eih lok pat(h)aayo || 5 ||
Somehow, God explained to me His purpose. And sent me to this world with His directive.
Re: Accept me or Kill me!
February 01, 2010 09:12PM
ਬੰਦੇ ਬੰਦਗੀ ਇਕਤੀਆਰ ॥
ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਰੋਸੁ ਧਰਉ ਕਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login