ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to add pictures or images.

Posted by MB Singh 
How to add pictures or images.
January 23, 2010 02:14PM
Veer Ji, I am very new to technology. Kindly help me to learn adding images and also Punjabi Font, in the messages. Where do I go for Searching Gurbani and Bhai Gurdass Ji Bani and Sri Dasam Granth Bani ? Please help.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: How to add pictures or images.
January 23, 2010 04:01PM
to add images click the picture button in the top of the message box. it's the 10th button from the left.

you can search sri guru granth sahib ji, sri dasam granth, and bhai gurdas ji vaaran at [www.sikhitothemax.com], but if you copy from there, it won't post correctly (because it's not unicode).

to post shabads in gurmukhi, you need to use one of the following sites:
[www.searchgurbani.com]
[www.srigranth.org]
[www.sridasam.org]

to post gurmukhi that you write, there are several options. i like [www.lipikaar.com], because it's easy for me to find the letters. if you use firefox web browser, you can install the plug-in and type right into your browser window. otherwise, type in the box on that site and copy it and paste it into this window.

good luck! smiling smiley
Further from what Bhain jee said:

to add images click the picture button in the top of the message box. it's the 10th button from the left.

Next step is to add the url of the picture there. The url of the picture is found by right clicking on the picture, and choosing Properties. There the url of the picture is stated.

Kulbir Singh
[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Here I try one image, but I do not see that. I only see the address, you call it url. May be it goes as image. Let me see. Guru Kirpa Kare. smiling smiley
January 24, 2010 12:38PM
Here is your message getting posted:

Step by step, do it as follows:

Press the 10th icon above.

A prompt box opens.

Paste the url of the image there.

Hit okay.

Your image should get posted.

Admin.
Oh, no; I want images to appear as such, as it appears in DHAN DHAN SRI GURU HARGOBIND SAHIB JI SAKHIES.sad smiley
It proves, We always need a perfect GURU, who leads the blinds.
Veer Ji, I do not find paste option available, when I right click that 10th icon. It starts with "Open link" and ends with "properties". Baaki Jistran Tuhada Hukam Hove Ji.
January 24, 2010 03:20PM
MB Singh jee,

Please read this link. It should help.

[www.gurmatbibek.com]
WOW I was ignoring this message, "This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, cick here to allow scripted windows.------------" And only after listening to that I got the prompt box.

Thank you all, Bhein Ji, Veer Ji and Admin Ji.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login