ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nihung singh jathebandia

Posted by gsingh 
Nihung singh jathebandia
January 24, 2010 01:52AM
Waheguru Jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

daas was just wondering how many nihung jathebandia are there i know buddha dal tarna dal baba biddi chand
are there more?
do they have different beliefs?
when did they form?
why did buddha and tarna dal split? or did they?

just any history about nihung singh jathebandia will be appreaciated

Gagan Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Nihung singh jathebandia
January 24, 2010 08:28AM
I think there are currently a total of 30 Nihang Dals.
January 24, 2010 08:34AM
i have met the son and grandson of baba maan singh ji of guru nanak dal. they're really nice. they "specialize" in raag keertan, and travel all over punjab in a large bus that's basically been converted to a mobile gurdwara.
i don't know the history of the dal though.

but you can hear some of baba ji's keertan here:

[www.nihangsingh.org]

there's more info on each of the dals on that site as well.
January 24, 2010 09:47AM

why did buddha and tarna dal split? or did they?

As far as I remember, Buddha Dal and Tarna Dal were not split as a result of some conflict but it was a conscious decision of Panth led by Nawab Kapur Singh jee. Tarun means youth and Tarna Dal means the Dal of the youth. Buddha Dal as the name implies, means Dal of old people. Nawab Kapur Singh and other Gursikhs, in the mid 1700s split the Sikh army into Tarna Dal and Buddha Dal. All Sikh warriors younger than 45 years (or 50) were made part of the Tarna Dal and others became part of the Buddha Dal.

The function of the Tarna Dal was to engage in direct combat with the enemy whereas the Buddha Dal was mainly responsible for managing the logistics. This did not mean tha the members of Buddha Dal could not engage in combat. This was just a general split. Nawab Kapur Singh stayed the overall supreme leader of the Sikhs and he was followed by Sultan-ul-Quom Jassa Singh Ahluwalia. After Sardar Ahluwalia, Sikhs never got united under a single leader and this is why the character downfall of the Sikhs started.

The format of governing in Sikhs was set by Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee by installing Baba Banda Singh as the leader of the Sikhs. Baba Banda Singh was in turn answerable and accountable to 5 Singh Sahibaan led by Baba Binod Singh and Baba Kahn Singh. This model of government stayed till Sardar Jassa Singh but later on it got lost and since then the Sikhs have never recovered. Our glorious time was the time up to the big Ghallughara. Later with the rise of Raja Ranjit Singh, many basic concepts of Sikhi like the concept of leadership, Sarbat Khalsa etc. vanished from Sikhi.

Kulbir Singh
January 24, 2010 10:59AM
thanks for replying
January 26, 2010 07:39PM
Vaheguru ji!

If I am not wrong, There are two Taruna Dals

1) Taruna Dal
2) Taruna Dal ( Misl Shaheedhan)- Baba Nihal Singh Ji Is Jathedar of Misl Shaheedhan

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login