ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I am in love‏

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
I am in love‏
January 19, 2010 10:56AM
You will realize very soon what I mean. Please continue reading.

At times I wonder why people use the phrase “falling in love”. I mean, something that makes you fall, can it be a good thing? Love should be something that elevates you. But what is the source of this love? Gurbani says that Vaheguru is the source of everything. The only true love you can and should have is with Vaheguru, because the only true love you get is from only and only Vaheguru. Numerous times in Gurbani it is stated by Guru Sahib that none of the worldly relations are of any use. At the same time He states the importance of saadh sangat. Now does that sound contradictory? It could, but its not, once you analyze the roots of each relationship. The foundation of worldly relations is either one’s birth thereby resulting in family relations or a vikaar (like kaam or moh) resulting in other sorts of relationships. Can these have the “love element” in them? Well I’ll let you decide, because the very foundation of these relationships is weak. One is the human birth which will one day end with death. The other is vikaars which can’t go a long way. Probably this is one of the many reasons Guru Sahib tells us that worldly relations are temporary. Now coming to saadh sangat. The root of this relationship is Vaheguru Himself. He enjoins thirsty souls whose sole aim is Vaheguru. Here you can say that the “love element” exists. But can a mere human being elevate another one? After all no one is perfect, so how can one “not-so-perfect” human elevate another “not-so-perfect” human? Again, it is Vaheguru who elevates everyone. Love is elevation, not falling. “Falling” in love is an oxymoron, and totally ironic. If you are “falling”, its not love, its some ditch you are falling into. If you are being elevated, it is love. But remember, only Vaheguru is elevating you, because only Vaheguru is perfect enough to elevate anyone.

Thanks for reading. The purpose of this pointless message of mine is a suspense. I just coined the full form for L.O.V.E. It stands for “Let Only Vaheguru Elevate”, because only He can. “Let Only Vaheguru Elevate”, because we imperfect humans can’t elevate anyone else who is similarly imperfect. “Let Only Vaheguru Elevate”, because then you won’t fall. “Let Only Vaheguru Elevate”, because that is true elevation, and thereby true love.

Next time you tell someone “I love you”, deep down somewhere within the depths of your heart and soul, you should be saying “I Let Only Vaheguru Elevate You”. I let only Vaheguru elevate you, because I can’t as we both are imperfect. I let only Vaheguru elevate you, because He can elevate both of us. I let only Vaheguru elevate you, because with you I will be elevated, and then neither one of us will ever fall. And finally, I let only Vaheguru elevate you, because I truly love you, and He truly loves both of us.

With love, and yes, may Vaheguru elevate you

~ Mehtab Singh
Feb 26 2009
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: I am in love‏
January 20, 2010 03:24PM
what a great way to think of Love
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login