ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When Bhai Sahib listened to Katha; Bau jee's injury...

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Bau Mal Singh jee’s daughter Bibi Gyaan Kaur got married in 1938 and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee had arrived at the place of Anand Karaj, along with his family and Jatha. Couple of days before the Anand Karaj, Bhai Sahib along with some Singhs went to a neighbouring town to attend a Kirtan Samagam.

Bau jee gets Injured and Bhai Sahib's Reaction

After Bhai Sahib left for Samagam, Bau Mal Singh jee got seriously injured in the head. Bau jee fell down unconscious and when he regained consciousness, the first thing he uttered was “Vaheguru Vaheguru”. The injury was quite serious and the doctor who examined Bau jee suggested that some hair would have to be removed to do stitches in the head. Bau jee heard the doctor’s comments and said, “Doctor Sahib, each and every hair is my life (meri jaan hai); if you can do something while preserving my hair, you are welcome to do otherwise you can leave.”

The doctor was a friend of Bau jee and after hearing the stern and determined response from him, he was left with no choice. He meticulously cleaned every hair and then did 13 stitches in his head.

Right when Bau jee got injured in an accident, Bhai Sahib got informed about it. At the time when Bhai Sahib got the news, he was sitting in Kirtan and doing sewa of Jodi (I didn’t know Bhai Sahib played Jodi too). As soon as Bhai Sahib heard this shocking news, his hands stopped on the Jodi and he placed his head too on the Jodi. Kirtan stopped and Bhai Sahib’s consciousness flew to some different spiritual realms. After some time Bhai Sahib lifted his head from the Jodi and he sang the following Shabad:

ਰਾਖਿ ਲੈਹੁ ਭਾਈ ਮੇਰੇ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਆਗੈ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥

After the ending of the Diwan, Bhai Sahib went to the hospital in Okada to see Bau jee. The next day, Anand Karaj of Bibi Gyaan Kaur was done in Chardi Kala and Bhai Sahib himself did the Laava Kirtan.

When Bhai Sahib listened to Katha

After the conclusion of Anand Karaj, Bhai Bishan Singh of Chak 53/2L, who was a very close associate of Bau jee, did an earnest request before Bhai Sahib jee to do a Kirtan Samagam in his village. Bhai Sahib agreed and went there along with whole Jatha. Akhand Kirtan started and just after half an hour, it seemed as if the Sangat of whole town had reached the Samagam. It so happened that Sant Sangat Singh Kamaliye wale had also arrived in the town of Okada to do Katha but when he found out that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee was doing Kirtan in the town, he said to Sangat, “Since great and pious personality like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee is distributing the gift of Kirtan, just nearby, Daas (Sant Sangat Singh) is going attend the Kirtan Samagam; Katha can happen at some other time.”

This way, Sant Sangat Singh and a lot of other Sangat arrived at the venue where Kirtan was going on and with their arrival, Kirtan got lifted up and went on in Chardi Kala. Sant Sangat Singh jee was given a spot right beside Bhai Sahib jee.

At the conclusion of Kirtan, some Gurmukh informed Bhai Sahib that Sant Sangat Singh jee had especially come to attend Kirtan Darbar. Bhai Sahib was very pleased to hear this. Then this Gurmukh from the city of Okada hesitatingly asked Bhai Sahib if Sant Sangat Singh could do Katha of the Hukamnama Sahib. Bhai Sahib never used to listen to Katha and used to say that Gurbani is already Katha-roop and this Katha of Vaheguru jee had already been done by Guru Sahibaan. But that day, Bhai Sahib was in a different state of mind and happily said, “We will certainly listen to Katha of such Mahapurakhs; he is a Kalakaar of Panth.”

Sant jee did Katha and Bhai Sahib listened to it. At the end of the Diwan, Bhai Sahib and Sant jee met each other very lovingly. They embraced each other with Anand.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Adapted from Professor Thakur Singh jee’s book – Poorab Janam ke Milae Sanjogi.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
vaahiguroo dhan dhan cool smiley

Bhai Sahib never used to listen to Katha and used to say that Gurbani is already Katha-roop and this Katha of Vaheguru jee had already been done by Guru Sahibaan. But that day, Bhai Sahib was in a different state of mind and happily said, “We will certainly listen to Katha of such Mahapurakhs; he is a Kalakaar of Panth.”

vah vayeee vah!

reading this just made my day!

Bhai Sahib never used to listen to Katha and used to say that Gurbani is already Katha-roop and this Katha of Vaheguru jee had already been done by Guru Sahibaan. But that day, Bhai Sahib was in a different state of mind and happily said, “We will certainly listen to Katha of such Mahapurakhs; he is a Kalakaar of Panth.”

vah vayeee vah!

reading this just made my day!

Although, generally almost every 'Kathavachaks' just do their own interpretations of Gurbaani & history, there are some that actually know the rules of the game, they know what they're talking about. Knowledge is not solely dependent on how much someone has scrolled through historical references, taken notes of each key point, but what's even more vital, is what is their spiritual state of mind. If such individuals happen to experience spiritual realms, and know the unseen, they're generally able to interpret Gurbaani more thoroughly, and open it in words or ways never heard or of seen before.
Maybe there was something amazing in Sant Sangat Singh ji, that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji saw, and because of our low spiritual states, we're not able to understand or grasp the true understanding of Gurmat, and end up seeing the differences more in others, therefore contradicting, instead of seeing the good things.

I have never heard of Sant Sangat Singh ji, I do not know who he was. It would be nice if his explanation of the Hukamnama was recorded, written down, and we could read it. After all, if Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji allowed it, then there must be something of the extraordinary and magical.
JaspreetSingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
>
>
> Bhai Sahib never used to listen to Katha and used
> to say that Gurbani is already Katha-roop and this
> Katha of Vaheguru jee had already been done by
> Guru Sahibaan. But that day, Bhai Sahib was in a
> different state of mind and happily said, “We
> will certainly listen to Katha of such
> Mahapurakhs; he is a Kalakaar of Panth.”
>
>
> vah vayeee vah!
>
> reading this just made my day!
>
> Although, generally almost every 'Kathavachaks'
> just do their own interpretations of Gurbaani &
> history, there are some that actually know the
> rules of the game, they know what they're talking
> about. Knowledge is not solely dependent on how
> much someone has scrolled through historical
> references, taken notes of each key point, but
> what's even more vital, is what is their spiritual
> state of mind. If such individuals happen to
> experience spiritual realms, and know the unseen,
> they're generally able to interpret Gurbaani more
> thoroughly, and open it in words or ways never
> heard or of seen before.
> Maybe there was something amazing in Sant Sangat
> Singh ji, that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji saw,
> and because of our low spiritual states, we're not
> able to understand or grasp the true understanding
> of Gurmat, and end up seeing the differences more
> in others, therefore contradicting, instead of
> seeing the good things.
>
> I have never heard of Sant Sangat Singh ji, I do
> not know who he was. It would be nice if his
> explanation of the Hukamnama was recorded, written
> down, and we could read it. After all, if Bhai
> Sahib Randhir Singh ji allowed it, then there must
> be something of the extraordinary and magical.

Or maybe it was Bhai Sahibs qualties of Sharda, Nimrita, Pyar that let him go on with his Katha. When I know that if that happened in front of many Singhs I know today they would have labeled him as hunkari, ignornant, "stupid," possibly not even a Gursikh, all behind his back, over a small difference of opinion.

But that's just my opinion...Only Guru Sahib knows
I still dont get whats wrong with katha confused smiley
Nothing at all is wrong with Kathaa, but Gurmukhs at that level probably look at Gurbaani it self as the only Kathaa. They don't need anyone's interpretation (kathaa) of Gurbani to understand it, those Gurmukhs must simply feel it. "Sabh Te Ootham Har Kee Kathaa" is Gurbani and Naam itself. We (I) should strive to khoj Gurbaani so much that we don't need help of any other persons interpretation, pray Guru Sahib jee will one day baksh us with enough Sojhee to feel it like those Gurmukhs do.

"Guru Sahib knows better..." (Most favorite quote of this whole forum)
Perhaps Bhai Sahib did not like any human's interpretation of Gurbani. Daas myself only likes to hear katha of certain individuals and never prefers to listen it during kirtan. But there are people in sangat at different levels and need Gurbani veechar. Katha which means doing Gurbani vichaar while staying within Gurbani, Vaars, Kabits, Bhai Nand Lal Ji's works and Dasam Granth is according to Gurmat.
what about the arths Guru Gobind Singh Jee taught at Damdami Sahib?
Amazing accounts. Please keep bringing these priceless unknown accounts on this forum.
Vaheguru... Can't beleive I missed this great post. More of such posts should be made.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login