ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sri Guru HarKrishan Sahib Ji Sakhis please

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Since we have many post on the life of Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib Ji and Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib ji I was hoping sangat could post as many sakhis of Sri GUru HarKrishan Sahib Ji on this thread.
thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Here is a saakhi from Gurmat Literature section:

Every year on 7 Sawan (July 23) Sikh sangats around the world celebrate a great event in the spiritual world – the Avatar Purab of Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee. Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee was the great grandson of Siri Guru Hargobind Sahib jee and because of this, Siri Guru jee had following relationship with other Guru Sahibaan and Sahibzadas:

1) Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee was grandson of Siri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib jee. Siri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib jee was son of Siri Guru Hargobind Sahib jee and thus brother of father of Siri Guru Har Rai Sahib jee – Baba Gurditta jee. This is why before leaving for Sachkhand, Siri Guru jee said that the next Guru was his Baba in Bakala. In short form he said – Baba Bakale – which meant that the next Guru is his Baba (Siri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib jee) who resides in Bakala.
2) Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee was nephew of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee.
3) Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee was cousin of 4 Sahibzadas of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaj.

Siri Guru jee was only 5 Earth years old when he was chosen to be the Guru by his father and Guru – Siri Guru Har Rai Sahib jee. It is written in our history that all three siblings namely Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee, Baba Ram Rai jee and their sister Bibi Roop Kaur possessed great natural beauty. They were very beautiful. Siri Guru jee’s beauty was greatly enhanced by being Guru. The jyot of Guruship shone on his face.

Siri Guru jee was a pooran Brahmgyani from the time of his avatar like his great great Grandfather – Siri Guru Arjun Sahib jee. This is why, at the tender age of 5, Siri Guru jee became the 8th Guru of Sikhs. Earth years don’t matter in spiritual wisdom. Age is not a factor in spiritual knowledge or Brahmgyaan. Siri Guru Amardas jee became the Guru at the age of 73 and on the other extreme Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee became the Guru at the age of 5. The same jyot if Guruship pervailed in both Guru Sahibaan and both were equal in status and possessed equal amount of Brahmgyaan. The body was not the Guru but the jyot was and is the Guru.

Many doubted that a 5 year old person cannot be Guru and cannot possess spiritual knowledge. This happened at Panjokhra Sahib, where Siri Guru jee arrived on his way to Delhi. There was a Pandit who inquired from a Sikh as to who had arrived in the small town of Panjokhra. The Sikh replied by saying that Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee, the 8th master had arrived. This pandit was very proud of his knowledge of Vedas and Shastras. He was in the habit of debating and defeating scholars on the might of his knowledge. He took offense at the name of Siri Guru jee. He was a worshipped of Siri Krishna of Brindabana and he did not like the fact that Siri Guru jee’s name was longer than his deity. He addressed the Sikh as follows:

“ਜੇ ਸਾਰਥ ਇਹ ਨਾਮ ਧਰਾਵਹੁ।
ਕਰਿ ਗੀਤਾ ਕੇ ਅਰਥ ਸੁਨਾਵਹੁ।
ਨਾਹਿ ਤਾ ਕੂਰ ਕਹਨਿ ਇਨ ਕੇਰੋ।
ਹਮ ਨਹਿ ਮਾਨਹਿਂ ਕਹਿਬੋ ਤੇਰੋ।15।

(Equal to whom (Siri Krishna) they (Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee) have kept their name, then let them (Siri Guru jee) do translation of Geeta (written by Siri Krishna). If he can’t do these meanings, then go tell him that I don’t accept him as a Guru).

Hearing this the Sikh replied to the Brahmin as follows:

ਸੁਨਤਿ ਸਿਖ ਕਹਿ, “ਰਹੁ ਤੂੰ ਖਰੋ”।
ਮੈਂ ਆਬਿ ਜਾਇ ਬੂਝਿਬੋ ਕਰੋਂ।

(The Sikh said, you stay standing here. I will go and deliver your message to Guru Sahib).

The Sikh hurried to the darbar of Siri Guru jee and after matha-tek told him the whole conversation he had with the Pandit. The sangat was hearing and some in Sangat were upset to hear it. Because of the tender age of Siri Guru jee, many were placing doubts in the minds of sangat. Siri Guru jee wanted to prove that age is not a factor in attaining spiritual wisdom (Brahmgyaan). The Sikh with great humility and hope beseeched, “ਖਰੋ ਅਹੈ, ਕਿਮ ਕਹੌਂ ਬੁਝਾਈ। (He is standing waiting, what should I tell him).

Jaanee-Jaan (All knowing) Siri Guru jee said to the Sikh that this pandit is a very proud person who is full of Hankaar (pride, ego). He debates like a great fool and considers himself to be very wise. He is very far from the path of meeting Prabhu (Vaheguru). The sorrow of separation from Prabhu and haume are big dukhs that only Guru Nanak Dev jee can eliminate. The diseased and the suffering person has to take the word of Guru and place it in his heart. Then alone the dukh can go.

After pausing for a moment, Siri Guru jee with grace in their eyes, said:

ਸੋ ਇਸ ਕੋ ਦੁਖ ਹਤਹਿਂ, ਬੁਲਾਵਹੁ।
ਸਿਖ ਉਪਕਾਰ ਕਰਤਿ, ਬਿਦਤਾਵਹੁ।
(ਉਸ ਦਾ ਦੁਖ ਦੂਰ ਕਰੀਏ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਬੁਲਾਵੋ। ਤੁਸੀਂ ਕਿਹਾ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸਿਖ ਉਪਕਾਰ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਸੋ ਤੁਹਾਡਾ ਬਚਨ ਪੂਰਾ ਕਰੀਏ). Let us eliminate his sorrow, call him. You say this all the time that Sikhs are compassionate and benevolent. So let’s fulfill your bachan.

The Sikh went back to the pandit and asked him to come to the darbar of Siri Guru jee. The pandit came to the Darbar of Siri Guru jee with hankaar (pride) and sat near Siri Guru jee. Siri Guru jee addressed him as follows:

ਪਿਖਿ ਬੋਲੇ ਸੋਢੀ ਕੁਲ ਟੀਕਾ।
ਕਹੁ ਦਿਜਬਰ, ਕਯਾ ਬੂਝਯੋ ਚਹੈਂ।
ਬਿਦਤ ਬਤਾਵਹੁ ਜਿਮ ਚਿਤ ਅਹੈ।
(On seeing the pandit arrive, the prince of Sodhi clan said, O Dijbar, what is it that you want answered? Say out that which is in your mind.)

The pandit said:

ਦਿਜ ਤਬਿ ਕਹਯੋ, ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਅਵਤਾਰ।
ਰਿਦੇ ਜਿਨਹੁਂ ਕੇ ਗਯਾਨ ਉਦਾਰ।
ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਯਾਨ ਮਯ ਗੀਤਾ ਕੀਨਸਿ।
ਜਿਹ ਪਠਿ ਸੁਨਿ ਕੈ ਲੇ ਸਭਿ ਚੀਨਸਿ।25।

Then the pandit said, “Krishna Avatar was great and in the heart of Siri Krishna immense spiritual wisdom had dawned. Using this Brahmgyaan, he uttered the Bhagwad Geeta. Hearing the paath of Geeta, one can realize everything.

ਤਿਨ ਨਾਮਨ ਤੇ ਤੁਮ ਅਧਿਕਾਯੋ।
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਹਰਿਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਨਾਮ ਰਖਾਯੋ।
ਪੁਨ ਗੁਰ ਗਾਦੀ ਪਰ ਥਿਤ ਅਹੋ।
ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਮ ਅਪਨੋ ਜਗ ਲਹੋ।26।

You (O Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee) have named yourself even greater than him i.e. the name “Harkrishan” is longer than “Krishna”. On top of this, you have placed yourself on the seat of the Guru and made it famous on the world that you are the Guru.

ਗੀਤਾ ਬਿਖੈ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਨ ਬਡ ਮੇਰੇ।
ਉਤਰ ਦੇਹੁ, ਤੁਮ ਸੁਨੇ ਬਡੇਰੇ।
ਜੋ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਬਨਾਵਨਿ ਕੀਨਿ।
ਅਰਥ ਦੇਹੋ ਜੋ ਲੇਵੌਂ ਚੀਨ।27।
ਸਾਰਥ ਜਾਨੌ ਨਾਮ ਤੁਮਾਰੋ।
ਨਾਂਹਿ ਤ ਨੀਕੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਨਿਹਾਰੋ।

Regarding Siri Krishna’s Geeta, I have big questions, many questions. Answer me, I have heard from your Sikhs that you are great. If you are able to answer the questions I will ask from Sri Krishna’s Geeta, I will consider you to be worthy of your name (Harkrishna); otherwise, I will not see you as good and pious.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਹਰਿਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਸੁਨਤਿ ਬਚ ਕਹਯੋ।
ਬਾਦੀ ਬਿਪ੍ਰ ਜਾਤਿ ਕੋ ਲਹਯੋ।
ਜੇ ਕਰ ਹਮ ਤੁਝਿ ਅਰਥ ਸੁਨਾਵਹਿਂ।
ਤਊ ਕਲਪਨਾ ਅਨਿਕ ਉਠਾਵਹਿਂ।
ਧਨੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਇਹ ਭਾਗ ਬਲੀ ਹੈ।
ਕਿਨਹੁਂ ਪਢਾਏ ਪਾਠ ਭਲੀ ਹੈ।29

Hearing the pandit, Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee said, “It’s the habit of Bipars (pandits) to have doubt on everything. If I successfully do the meanings of Geeta, you will raise the doubt by saying that since I am from a rich and resourceful family, I must have learned the meanings from scholars.

ਪ੍ਰਥਮ ਪਠੀ ਹੁਇ ਗੀ ਕਿਸ ਪਾਸ।
ਇਮ ਜਾਨਹਿਂ, ਨਹਿਂ ਹੁਇ ਬਿਸਵਾਸ।
ਯਾਂ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਥਮ ਕਾਰ ਇਮ ਕੀਜੈ।
ਆਪ ਨਗਰ ਮਹਿਂ ਜਾਇ ਪਿਖੀਜੈ।30।

You will say that I must have learned the meanings from someone. This way you will stay faithless i.e. you will not get faith. Therefore, the first thing you should do is that go to your town and look for someone.

ਜੋ ਅਪਠਤਿ ਹੁਇ ਮੂਢ ਬਿਸਾਲਾ।
ਤਿਹ ਬੁਲਾਇ ਆਨਹੁ ਇਸ ਕਾਲਾ।
ਸੋ ਉਤਰ ਦੈ ਹੈ ਤੁਝ ਚਾਹਤਿ।
ਜਿਨ ਬੂਝਨਿ ਹਿਤ ਨੀਤ ਉਮਾਹਤਿ।31।

Someone who is a “Moodh Bisaala” i.e. Big fool, very ignorant person and call him to our Darbar right away. Whatever your questions are about Geeta, he will answer them for you.

ਸੁਨਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੋ ਬਾਕ ਰਸੀਲਾ।
ਬਿਪੂ ਭਣੋ ਮਦ ਤੇ ਕੁਛ ਢਲਿਾ।
ਗਯੋ ਨਗਰ ਮਹਿ ਧਵਿਰ ਹੇਰਾ।
ਘਰ ਘਰ ਨਿਤ ਜਲ ਢੋਇ ਘਨੇਰਾ।32।

Hearing the nectarous bachans of Satguru jee, the pride in the pandit subsided a bit. He went to the town and looked for the most foolish, house to house.

Finally he found a person who he thought was ideal for the situation. The person was a deaf and dumb, totally uneducated and poor. Mahakavi Santokh Singh jee writes about him as follows:

ਮਹਾਂ ਮੂਢ ਬੋਲਬਿ ਨਹਿਂ ਜਾਨੈ।
ਪੇਟ ਭਰਨਿ ਲੌ ਕਾਰਜ ਠਾਨੈ।
ਕਾਰੋ ਬਰਨ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਤਨ ਫਾਰੇ।
ਜਿਨ ਪਢਤੇ ਨਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਨਿਹਾਰੇ।33।

He was very big fool who could not speak. To fill his stomach he did meagre jobs. His skin colour was totally black, and clothes on him were torn. Let alone he getting any education, he had not even seen anyone study. This is how ignorant he was.

He was brought over to the Darbar of Siri Guru jee. The pandit was very happy thinking that Jheevar (the foolish person) would never be able to speak, let alone do any translations of Geeta. Siri Guru jee right away caught the thought of the pandit and glanced at the jheevar with “Shubh Disht” (Eye of grace) and with smile on his face said to the jheevar:

ਮੁਖਿ ਮੁਸਕਾਵਤਿ ਬਾਕ ਬਖਾਨਾ।
ਬਿਪ੍ਰ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਜਿਮ ਉਰ ਠਾਨਾ।37।
ਸੋ ਤੈਂ ਬੂਝਨਿ ਕਰਿ ਕੈ ਅਬਿ ਹੂੰ।
ਸ਼ੰਕਤਿ ਕੋ ਉਤਰ ਦਿਹੁ ਸਭਿ ਹੂੰ।

(With smiling face, Siri Guru jee uttered the bachans to the foolish jheevar. As per the wish of the pandit, you will realize all knowledge needed, and respond to all questions of the pandit.)

When Satguru jee uttered these Vaaks (words) and placed his chhadee (stick) on the forehead of the jheevar all divine knowledge dwelled in the heart of the foolish jheevar. The first thing that happened was that face of the jheevar started reflecting the inner knowledge he had attained. He face started shining. He was then able to speak.

The pandit asked the most difficult salok from Geeta to be translated. The Jheevar, spontaneously gave the most exalted translation of the salok. Such was the translation that the pandit had never heard of such words before. He was wonderstruck. He could not believe his ears. He asked couple of more questions but then was too wonder-struck to say anything else. Then at that time, his good karma from previous birth sprouted. His pride was overtaken by immense humility. His hand folded. He moved forward and prostrated before Siri Guru jee. With extreme humility he pleaded:

ਬੋਲਯੋ, ਮਹਿਮਾ ਲਖੀ ਅਨੂਪ।
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਹਰਿਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਸੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਸਰੂਪ।
ਭੇਦ ਨ ਫੁਰਤਿ ਮੋਹਿ ਮਨ ਮਾਂਹੀ।
ਵਹੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਤੁਮ ਹੋ ਅਨ ਨਾਂਹੀ।
ਭਵਸਾਗਰ ਤੇ ਮੋਹਿ ਉਧਾਰਹੁ।
ਧਾਰਹੁ ਕਰੁਨਾ ਬਿਰਦ ਸੰਭਾਰਹੁ।
(He said, I have realized that your greatness is unmatched. You O Siri Guru Harkishan are Siri Krishna for me. Deliver me from this ocean of world. Have mercy on me.)

Siri Guru jee accepted his plea and gave him Naam Gurmantra there and then. Siri Guru jee accepted him as his Sikh. As per Mahakavi Santokh Singh jee, he was given Charan Pahul and initiated as a Sikh there and then.

What a great story this is. This story echoes hukams of Gurbani like:

ਕਰਿ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਹਥੁ ਧਰਿ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਕਢੀਆ ਬੁਰਿਆਈਆ ॥
ਸਹਿ ਤੁਠੈ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਾਈਆ ॥18॥

ਅਤੇ

ਸਿਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਭ ਊਪਰਿ ॥
ਕਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਸਤਜੁਗਿ ਜਿਨਿ ਧ੍ਰੂ ਪਰਿ ॥
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦ ਭਗਤ ਉਧਰੀਅੰ ॥
ਹਸ ਕਮਲ ਮਾਥੇ ਪਰ ਧਰੀਅੰ ॥

When Guru Sahib places their divine hand on our forehead, only then one can realize Vaheguru and only then the hardwork of japping Naam, doing paath and keeping rehit is accepted.

May Parm-Kirpaaloo, Param-Dyaaloo, Satguru Sache Paatshaah – Ashtam-Balbira – Siri Guru Harkishan Sahib jee have mercy on us and place their lotus hand on our forehead, so that the ignorance may be eliminated from our hearts and replaced with divine knowledge of Vaheguru jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਜਿਸ ਡਿਠੇ ਸਭਿ ਦੁਖਿ ਜਾਇ ॥
when Guru Harkrishan Sahib was in Delhi, he stayed with Raja Jai Singh, at the place where Gurdwara Bangla Sahib now stands. When Guru Sahib arrived in delhi, there were both smallpox and cholera epidemics. the city was in a state of crisis. upon Guru Sahib's instruction, Raja Jai Singh dug a tank near his well. Guru Sahib dipped his feet in the well and it became amrit. all of the afflicted people who came to drink that water were cured of their illness. yet when Guru Sahib himself caught smallpox (at only 8 years of age), he humbly accepted God's will and chose not to drink the curative water. for me, this is the purest manifestation of ਆਗਿਆ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਮੀਠੀ ਲਾਗਉ ਕੀਓ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ਭਾਵਉ ॥ (Your Will seems so sweet to me; whatever You do, is pleasing to me).

this pool is still standing at Gurdwara Bangla Sahib, and people of all faiths come from all over to drink the curative amrit.

Gurdwara Bangla Sahib is the first Gurdwara i visited on my first trip to india. because of my experience there, Guru Harkrishan Sahib holds a very special place in my heart. smiling smiley

i look forward to hearing more sakhis!
Baba(Guru) Har Krishan Sahib Ji: the Softener of hearts

Once some prominent Sikhs asked Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji Maharaj, as to who was greater of the two brothers (Baba Har Krishan Sahib Ji and
Baba Ram Rai Sahib Ji) in spiritual achievements and virtues of saintliness. Satguru Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji asked Baba (Guru)Har Krishan Sahib Ji to deliver a sermon based on the interpretation of a shabad in Guru Granth Sahib.

So stirring and illuminating was the sermon delivered by Baba (Guru) Har Krishan, that the Chroniclers says, "all listeners were deeply moved by the ennobling and light-shedding interpreta¬tion of the Hymn. While Baba (Guru) Har Krishan Sahib Ji was delivering his sermon, Satguru Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji, Maharaj asked one of his attendants to take a needle and drive it into the wooden leg of the altar on which Guru Granth Sahib Ji was placed.

The attendant was amazed to note, that the wooden leg had become so soft that the needle passed into it as if it was wax. This was symbolic of the fact that Baba (Guru) Har Krishan Sahib Ji's sermons not only influenced and softened human hearts and made them deeply perceptive, but they softened even the wood of the altar. The needle remained fixed in the wood.

Satguru Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji Maharaj then asked Baba Ram Rai to interpret the same shabad from Guru Granth Sahib Jee. When Baba Ram Rai was delivering the sermon, Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji asked an attendant to take the needle out of the wooden leg of the altar. However hard he tried, he was unable to take it out. Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji again asked Baba (Guru) Har Krishan Sahib Ji to interpret another Shabad from Guru Granth Sahib.

When he was explaining this shabad in a melodious voice, Guru Hari Rai Sahib Ji asked the attendant to take the needle out. The wood once more became soft and the needle was easily taken out. "Listen" said Satguru Ji, to all the assembled Sikhs: "The Hymns and the divine Word of the Granth Sahib were the same, but when uttered by Har Krishan, they not only deeply touched the hearts of the listeners but also put life into the dry wood of the altar. Two persons may have the same bow and arrow in their hands but one who is adept in archery will succeed in aiming at the target with perfect marksmanship."

How amazing is our beloved guru sahib, Satguru Sri Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji, the king of kings, the saint of saints, and the saviour of the world !!
Dhan Siri Guru Siri Harkishan Sahib jee!
1kaur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> when Guru Harkrishan Sahib was in Delhi, he stayed
> with Raja Jai Singh, at the place where Gurdwara
> Bangla Sahib now stands. When Guru Sahib arrived
> in delhi, there were both smallpox and cholera
> epidemics. the city was in a state of crisis.
> upon Guru Sahib's instruction, Raja Jai Singh dug
> a tank near his well. Guru Sahib dipped his feet
> in the well and it became amrit. all of the
> afflicted people who came to drink that water were
> cured of their illness. yet when Guru Sahib
> himself caught smallpox (at only 8 years of age),
> he humbly accepted God's will and chose not to
> drink the curative water. for me, this is the
> purest manifestation of ਆਗਿਆ
> ਤੁਮਰੀ ਮੀਠੀ ਲਾਗਉ
> ਕੀਓ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ਭਾਵਉ ॥
> (Your Will seems so sweet to me; whatever You do,
> is pleasing to me).
>
> this pool is still standing at Gurdwara Bangla
> Sahib, and people of all faiths come from all over
> to drink the curative amrit.
>
> Gurdwara Bangla Sahib is the first Gurdwara i
> visited on my first trip to india. because of my
> experience there, Guru Harkrishan Sahib holds a
> very special place in my heart. smiling smiley
>
> i look forward to hearing more sakhis!

Thats Great!

Perhaps you can show some pics of the sarovar?

I love all the sakhis posted
Keep them coming Sadh Sangat Jeesmiling bouncing smiley
One day Sahibzada Harkrishan Ji saw a wounded snake, a large cluster of ants were scratching his flesh. The snake was in great trouble, it tried very hard to run away but the ants swarmed around in such a that it could move even an inch. On seeing such a critical condition of the snake Sahibzada Harkrishan Ji said "What is the guilt of this snake that a large number of ants has been eating his flesh and he has been trembling with pain "

Hearing this Guru Har Rai Ji said "This snake was a deceitful guru in his previous birth. He was befooling the simple and religious people. these ants are those people whom he looted with cunning means. He was a hypocrite who instead of helping those grieved people was troubling them. He was living a very luxurious life. those people in the form of ants have been scratching his flesh. Deceitful people have to face such consequences."

Sahibzada Harkrishan Ji was very fond of traveling and would accompany Guru Har Rai Ji on his journeys.
A Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One day Sahibzada Harkrishan Ji saw a wounded
> snake, a large cluster of ants were scratching his
> flesh. The snake was in great trouble, it tried
> very hard to run away but the ants swarmed around
> in such a that it could move even an inch. On
> seeing such a critical condition of the snake
> Sahibzada Harkrishan Ji said "What is the guilt of
> this snake that a large number of ants has been
> eating his flesh and he has been trembling with
> pain "
>
> Hearing this Guru Har Rai Ji said "This snake was
> a deceitful guru in his previous birth. He was
> befooling the simple and religious people. these
> ants are those people whom he looted with cunning
> means. He was a hypocrite who instead of helping
> those grieved people was troubling them. He was
> living a very luxurious life. those people in the
> form of ants have been scratching his flesh.
> Deceitful people have to face such consequences."
>
>
> Sahibzada Harkrishan Ji was very fond of traveling
> and would accompany Guru Har Rai Ji on his
> journeys.

Thanks for sharing the Sakhi veer Ji. I have heard a similar one just the word Guru and Pakhandi Baba were changed. The maggets were the chela who followed the Babey and the moral of the story was both fake babey and and their chelas suffer reincarnation if they dont follow the true Guru.
When Guru Har Krishan visited Delhi he stayed at Jai Singh's place ( which is now the site of Gurdwara Bangla Sahib). However it is said that Jai Singh and his wife (the queen) had some doubts probably because of Guru sahib's age( who was very young : 7-8 yrs of age at the time).

So in order to test the Guru that evening Raja Jai Singh sent his queen disguised as a maidservant. After the evening prayer, the queen(disguised as a maidservant) visited the Guru, along with some of her maids, and asked the Guru if he could go with them to see the queen to discuss religion with her. The Guru said that there was no need to go to the queen's palace because she could hear him very well if he spoke from his seat. The maids again asked the Guru to accompany them to the queen's palace because it was the royal order. The Guru smiled and said, "I am sorry you care more for tricks than for truth."

Saying this he rose from his seat, picked up a small stick and walked towards the maids. He stroked the first with his stick and said, "God bless you." Then he stroked the second and said, "bhali karre kartaar" He stopped near the real queen, put his stick on her head and said, " Truth is more powerful than tricks. You need to learn more, your Majesty. The time is fast approaching when queens like you will become maids not in disguise but in reality." Everybody, was surprised at this incident and the Guru's words. The matter was reported to the king who felt satisfied that Har Krishan Sahib was the real Guru of the Sikhs.

these lion heads are carved into two sides of every single pillar on the parkarma at gurdwara bangla sahib sarovar. the other two sides have similarly carved khandas.

sarovar at gurdwara bangla sahib

gurdwara bangla sahib (with baaj)
(friday is the prakash divas of sri guru harkrishan sahib jee)

so please post more sakhis! smiling smiley
Congratulations on Dhan Sri Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji's Prakash Utsav!

Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji And The Leper

Guru Siri Harkishan Sahib jee was a great incident of this material world. Guru jee became Guru when he was only 5 years old. Many thought that the Guruship of Guru Nanak had been compromised by giving guruship to a child. The pundits who had been enemies of Guru Nanak’s house from the advent, schemed to embarrass the Sikhs and Guru Sahib. They found a leper in Kiratpur Sahib and prompted him to go before Guru Siri Harkishan Sahib and and plead for getting cured.

The leper was told that Guru Nanak had cured a leper and so had many other Gurus. They told him to go to Guru Siri Harkishan Sahib jee and plead to get cured. The leper was honest in mind and brought his shardha on Guru Sahib. The pundits on the other side were waiting for the right moment to embarrass the Sikhs.

Guru Sahib was passing through a busy street in his paalki when the leper came pleading before Guru Sahib and lay in front of the paalki of Guru Sahib. He started pleading Guru Sahib to cure him. Guru Sahib heard his pleas. The Brahmins too came at that time. A lot of people collected around the scene.

The brahmins challenged Guru Sahib to cure the leper. Guru Sahib knew why the brahmins were making all this noise and was not willing to bow to their pressure but then Guru Sahib had heard the honest pleas of the leper. Guru Sahib came down his paalki and showered the leper with his divine glance. The leper felt warmth in Guru Sahib’s glance. He insisted on more kirpa.

Guru Sahib loudly told the leper to perform an ardaas before Dhan Guru Nanak Sahib jee and did bachan that Guru Nanak would cure him. The leper heard this. The arrow had left the bow and the fruit had fallen on the ground. Same way the bachan from the mouth of Guru Siri Harkishan Sahib jee had been uttered. Now the world could end, the sun could finish but Guru Sahib’s bachan could not fail.

The leper did ardaas and within days he was a normal person. The brahmins were very embarrassed and asked for forgiveness from Guru Sahib.

Guru Siri Harkishan Sahib jee had a body of a child but the jyot was same as Guru Nanak Sahib. Guru Sahib tested the Sikhs to see if they can recognize the true Guru. Dhan are the Gursikhs who did not let their faith falter and had full faith in Guru Siri Harkishan Sahib jee.

Guru Siri Harkishan Sahib jee did open kirpa on the world. He was such that whomever he saw with his divine glance, would heal from all disease.
Note - This post and the post before it was taken from [sikhee.com]

In his next audience with Aurangzeb, Raja Jai Singh again explained in a very polite and diplomatic language the inability of the Guru to come to the court. Aurangzeb, however, asked one of the Princes, said to be Prince Azam, to meet the Guru and report to him the real reason of the inability of Bala Pir (Guru Har Krishan) to present himself in the court. He asked the Prince to take a basket full of gifts for the Child prophet. Aurangzeb placed a rosary, an emblem of poverty and holiness, beneath all articles. If the Bala-Pir picked up the rosary, he should be considered a gifted saint. If he failed to do so then he was without any spiritual powers, and not worthy of respect.

The Prince met Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji on the bank of Jamuna the next day. When he reverently offered a salver full of gold and silver coins to Guru Har Krishan Ji Maharaj, the Bala-Pir said, "Noble Prince, I leave the gold and silver to you. Make the best of them. Give them to the poor and needy with your own hands. I will take the rosary which lies concealed underneath these glittering coins. May God bless you." The Prince was awe struck, and courteously took the rosary from underneath the coins and precious articles, and offered it to Guru Sahib "The Prince then informed Guru Ji that he had come on behalf of the Emperor who was anxious to meet him. He would like to take at least a message for the Emperor. Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji asked his Diwan, Durgah Mal to write the following hymn and also send its Persian translation:

ma 1 ||
First Mehl:

kiaa khaadhhai kiaa paidhhai hoe ||
What good is food, and what good are clothes,

jaa man naahee sachaa soe ||
if the True Lord does not abide within the mind?

kiaa maevaa kiaa ghio gurr mit(h)aa kiaa maidhaa kiaa maas ||
What good are fruits, what good is ghee, sweet jaggery, what good is flour, and what good is meat?

kiaa kaparr kiaa saej sukhaalee keejehi bhog bilaas ||
What good are clothes, and what good is a soft bed, to enjoy pleasures and sensual delights?

kiaa lasakar kiaa naeb khavaasee aavai mehalee vaas ||
What good is an army, and what good are soldiers, servants and mansions to live in?

naanak sachae naam vin sabhae ttol vinaas ||2||
O Nanak, without the True Name, all this paraphernalia shall disappear. ||2||

"Let this be my last communication to the Emperor," said Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji, to the Prince, "My brother, Ram Rai is already there in the court. He has done everything to entertain and please the Emperor. I cannot show any such magical shows as are daily enacted by my brother. It is against our principles and tradition to make such a public demonstration of spiritual powers. Whether it is material power or the spiritual power, it is all the gift of God. He gives these powers and He can take them away. What is more important is to live in the remembrance of His bounties. We meet and part according to the Will of God. Our meeting with the Emperor also depends on the Will of God."
Guru Harkrishan jee would be present at Kiratpur Sahib where a lot of sangat would come to have Guru Jee's darshan. There were also a lot of people coming to have their diseases washed away by Guru Jee. One day a Brahman named Basantar heard of Guru Jee and set of from Kanshi in the hope of his disease being washed away. He reached Guru Jee's darbar, where he pleaded before guru jee to rid him of his disease. Guru Jee began to give a deep speech about disease. Guru jee said to the Brahaman that your disease has come and will go one day, however the diesease of caste has stayed and has not gone. You must make an effort to rid this disease within the society. This disease will dispel when we believe everyone is above ourself, then will one get happiness here and hereafter.

ਆਪਸ ਤੇ ਊਪਰਿ ਸਭ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਤਉ ਦਰਗਹ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵਹੁ ॥੧॥
Āpas ṯe ūpar sabẖ jāṇhu ṯa▫o ḏargėh sukẖ pāvhu. ||1||
Know that all are above you, and you shall find peace in the Court of the Lord. ||1||

Taken from Satbir Singh's Astham Balbira
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login