ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bath

Posted by AvtarSingh 
Bath
January 10, 2011 05:15PM
Fateh
when a person wake up for amritvela.... and that person badly ill do we still have 2 tack a bath?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Bath
January 10, 2011 07:13PM
if you're sick, try a hot bath for a change- the steam will open your lungs and relieve congestion. baths are actually good for you when you're sick- hot for congestion or cool for fever.
January 10, 2011 07:38PM
If you wake up for amritvela and you are sick, regardless of from which ailment, a full body (including kesh) cold ishnaan with gurmantar abhiyaas or gurbani abhiyaas is the perfect treatment.
January 11, 2011 01:23PM

If you wake up for amritvela and you are sick, regardless of from which ailment, a full body (including kesh) cold ishnaan with gurmantar abhiyaas or gurbani abhiyaas is the perfect treatment.

Agreed with Preetam Singh Bhai Sahib!

Full body Ishnaan, regardless of what the condition/situation is, is a must, written on stone, it is required!
January 12, 2011 11:14AM
If you take bath with cold water your sickness will go away.

Guru sahib says:

ਕਰਿ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਅਪਨਾ ਮਨ ਤਨ ਭਏ ਅਰੋਗਾ ॥
After taking your bath, remember your God in meditation, and your mind and body shall be free of disease.

daas,
khalsaji.
January 13, 2011 05:47AM
Gurmat Ishnaan consists of full body ishnaan with cold water. To maintain khushi of Guru Sahib, all hukams must be abided by at all times. If such hukam's can not be fulfilled due to bodily constraints, you will know when it would be "acceptable" not to do, on a personal level. Untill your body limbs are working, moving and stable, there is no reason to not do ishnaan at Amritvela.

I can't imagine a cold or a sniffle to come in the way of a gursikh's rehit smiling smiley
January 13, 2011 11:40AM
wow, the level of judgement on this board amazes me sometimes.

"i can't imagine a cold or sniffle getting in the way of guru sahib's rehet"

how about pneumonia? you don't even know what's wrong with the guy and you're telling them rehet is more important than their health? i'm sure you've never been ill and had to break rehet in your life? give me a break...
January 13, 2011 11:50AM
It is easy to say how can someone tell him that rehat is more important than health but have you forgotten all the Sikhs that gave their lifes for Sikhi and following rehat. Isn't rehat more important than life, also? were all those people fools?
January 13, 2011 12:24PM

ਪਾਲਾ ਕਕਰੁ ਵਰਫ ਵਰਸੈ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰ ਦੇਖਣ ਜਾਈ ॥੨੭॥
Even in the cold, the frost and the snow, the GurSikh still goes out to see his Guru. ||27||

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਗਲੀਏ ਚਿਕੜੁ ਦੂਰਿ ਘਰੁ ਨਾਲਿ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਨੇਹੁ ॥
Fareed, the path is muddy, and the house of my Beloved is so far away.

ਚਲਾ ਤ ਭਿਜੈ ਕੰਬਲੀ ਰਹਾਂ ਤ ਤੁਟੈ ਨੇਹੁ ॥੨੪॥
If I go out, my blanket will get soaked, but if I remain at home, then my heart will be broken. ||24||

ਭਿਜਉ ਸਿਜਉ ਕੰਬਲੀ ਅਲਹ ਵਰਸਉ ਮੇਹੁ ॥
My blanket is soaked, drenched with the downpour of the Lord's Rain.

ਜਾਇ ਮਿਲਾ ਤਿਨਾ ਸਜਣਾ ਤੁਟਉ ਨਾਹੀ ਨੇਹੁ ॥੨੫॥
I am going out to meet my Friend, so that my heart will not be broken. ||25||
January 13, 2011 12:34PM
1kaur Bhenji,

"i'm sure you've never been ill and had to break rehet in your life? give me a break..."

There are countless gursikhs who I know personally who under unimaginable pain of bodily illness have fulfilled their rehit. Be it severe back problems, eczema, ect.

We are only talking about a cold ishnaan at amritvela which compared with keeping strict sarbloh bibek even when the skin on your hands is ripping apart due to severe eczema is not much to expect.

Please think about the countless gursikhs we remember in our ardaas who under the threat of death still kept their sikhi with drirhta.

If we were to give veerji a break and say that he can break his rehit, then we will also be held accountable for his actions because he was only acting out of our advice. If he choses to do a dhill due to his circumstances then that is on his own head and none of us will think any less of him. We aren't holding a gun to his head and making him do a cold ishnaan. We are only giving him gurmat advice.

Yes, Gurmat is hard to follow, and when guru sahib gives us these situations where rehit is almost impossible to keep, it is a test of our love, our kurbani, our commitment.
This isn't a path for the weak-hearted.
January 13, 2011 12:36PM

Mehtab Singh

ਪਾਲਾ ਕਕਰੁ ਵਰਫ ਵਰਸੈ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰ ਦੇਖਣ ਜਾਈ ॥੨੭॥
Even in the cold, the frost and the snow, the GurSikh still goes out to see his Guru. ||27||

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਗਲੀਏ ਚਿਕੜੁ ਦੂਰਿ ਘਰੁ ਨਾਲਿ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਨੇਹੁ ॥
Fareed, the path is muddy, and the house of my Beloved is so far away.

ਚਲਾ ਤ ਭਿਜੈ ਕੰਬਲੀ ਰਹਾਂ ਤ ਤੁਟੈ ਨੇਹੁ ॥੨੪॥
If I go out, my blanket will get soaked, but if I remain at home, then my heart will be broken. ||24||

ਭਿਜਉ ਸਿਜਉ ਕੰਬਲੀ ਅਲਹ ਵਰਸਉ ਮੇਹੁ ॥
My blanket is soaked, drenched with the downpour of the Lord's Rain.

ਜਾਇ ਮਿਲਾ ਤਿਨਾ ਸਜਣਾ ਤੁਟਉ ਨਾਹੀ ਨੇਹੁ ॥੨੫॥
I am going out to meet my Friend, so that my heart will not be broken. ||25||

VAHEGUROOOOOOOOOOO
January 13, 2011 12:42PM
Dhan Dhan are Gursikhs who strive to keep Rehit despite all odds.

We have no authority to tell anyone that they can do a dhill in Rehit under certain circumstances. If a person has to do a dhill in Rehit, in certain severe circumstances, then it is up to such person to seek forgiveness from Guru Sahib for the dhill. Who are we to tell anyone that it is okay to have weakness in Rehit under certain circumstances?

Kulbir Singh
January 13, 2011 12:51PM

ਭਗਤਾ ਕੀ ਚਾਲ ਨਿਰਾਲੀ ॥
The lifestyle of the devotees is unique and distinct.

ਚਾਲਾ ਨਿਰਾਲੀ ਭਗਤਾਹ ਕੇਰੀ ਬਿਖਮ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਚਲਣਾ ॥
The devotees' lifestyle is unique and distinct; they follow the most difficult path.

ਲਬੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਤਜਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਬੋਲਣਾ ॥
They renounce greed, avarice, egotism and desire; they do not talk too much.

ਖੰਨਿਅਹੁ ਤਿਖੀ ਵਾਲਹੁ ਨਿਕੀ ਏਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਜਾਣਾ ॥
The path they take is sharper than a two-edged sword, and finer than a hair.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਜਿਨੀ ਆਪੁ ਤਜਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਵਾਸਨਾ ਸਮਾਣੀ ॥
By Guru's Grace, they shed their selfishness and conceit; their hopes are merged in the Lord.

ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਚਾਲ ਭਗਤਾ ਜੁਗਹੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਨਿਰਾਲੀ ॥੧੪॥
Says Nanak, the lifestyle of the devotees, in each and every age, is unique and distinct. ||14||
January 13, 2011 02:33PM
ਜੋ ਗੁਰੁ ਕਹੈ ਸੋਈ ਭਲ ਮੀਠਾ ਮਨ ਕੀ ਮਤਿ ਤਿਆਗਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

H.S
January 13, 2011 03:20PM
ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਮੀਤ ਚਲਹੁ ਗੁਰ ਚਾਲੀ ॥
ਜੋ ਗੁਰੁ ਕਹੈ ਸੋਈ ਭਲ ਮਾਨਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਨਿਰਾਲੀ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
January 14, 2011 10:42AM
When we wake up on morning if we bath with cold water it makes us fresh.

so we can do our path easily.

daas,
khalsaji.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login