ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How Sarbloh Bibek has helped you?

Posted by Amritvela 
On this forum, the rehit of Sarbloh Bibek comes up in discussion often but not many personal experiances or benifits have been shared by forum members. It would be great and beneficial to everyone if all gursikhs who keep the rehit of Sarbloh Bibek can share how it has impacted their lives or helped in their personal jeevans.

For me personally, when I started to keep Sarbloh Bibek I didn't have a regular time for amritvela neither did I read any additional bania ontop of 7 Nitnem bania (5 in the morning and two in the evening). When Guru Sahib exposed me to the concept of Sarbloh Bibek, everything for me changed. Everything that was sometimes sidelined or seemed hard became very natural and easy. Everything from amritvela, bana and every other big and small rehit to fell in place. The effort and time that is used to follow the rehit of Sarbloh Bibek made me instantly keep other rehits and mantain them without becoming lazy or keeping them on a part time basis. I started feeling like everything I was doing was now full time and stopped feeling like a part-timer.

Keeping Sarbloh bibek and doing saanj of parshada with gursikhs only has greatly impacted the rest of my life not only spiritually but in every other way too. Everything became so effortless and naturally with Guru Sahib's Kirpa.

Please share your experiances.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Veer Jee, this was also brief mention of this in this thread: Power of Sarbloh Bibek Rehit

I myself am not fit to comment on this topic jee
Keeping Sarbloh keeps the body in constant peace. Although the mind still wavers, the feeling you have inside is pure anand, especially after eating from tyar bar tyar gursikhs. Sometimes after eating one gets the urges to just start japping naam. It also helps with your energy, making it easier to wake up for amritvela, stay up during amritvela, and thus concentrate during amritvela.

Sometimes people ask the question "Why do you make it so hard on yourself by following extreme rehits" and to just "Focus on Bani"
My reply would be "Why do you make it so hard on YOURSELF for NOT following extreme rehits(I.e Sarbloh bibek)"

Keeping this rehit simply makes everything in Sikhi easier (concentration, desire to do abyass, energy level). And this is just a short reply on a topic I could go pages on.
Very well said Gurman Singh jeeo.

Sometimes people ask the question "Why do you make it so hard on yourself by following extreme rehits" and to just "Focus on Bani"
My reply would be "Why do you make it so hard on YOURSELF for NOT following extreme rehits(I.e Sarbloh bibek)"

Indeed ones who don't keep Guru Sahib's Rehit make it so hard on themselves.

Kulbir Singh
Re: How Sarbloh Bibek has helped you?
January 04, 2011 01:21PM
Agreed - VERY well said, Gurman Singh

On another level, the difficulties that come with keeping sarbloh bibek rehit are in themselves blessings. Following rehit forces us to learn how to give up our vices of pride, anger, greed, and attachment. Keeping sarbloh bibek has taught me to change my manmat way of thinking, and have a clearer grasp of what true gurmat is. This has all come from the challenges that have come with trying to keep sarbloh in a world that will do everything to try to make you give up rehit. Having to push to keep this one simple rehit also helps you to add on other rehits to your daily life.

If we are lazy or soft in our Sikhi, how much can we expect to get out of it? Sarbloh bibek is the embodiment of what a Gursikh's lifestyle should be like - as solid as iron.
Although Daas is Dhilla, I still remember the days when I first started Sarbloh Da Pehra

Gurman Singh has pretty much summoned it up.

Amritvela became solid. Sikhee flourished. Nitnem finally got kanth.
Waking up wasn't a hassle. I was busy with cooking and and washing stuff. Hence less time was spent chatting on MSN or browsing the web.
All in all, the experience was wonderful.
Daas to this day isn't that much of an experienced cook. Most meals included simple daal/subjee and a parshaada. Hence, the habbit of a simple diet was also formed, whereas before, tasty pizzas and foods were something I craved.

Sikhee wise, I didnt need as much sleep anymore. Lazyness had gone away.

Of course there was a lot of negative feedback from not only friends, but family as well.
I always felt pity for the types of excuses they would make for not keeping rehit.

I pray to one day get back to those chardee kala days =)
just looking at sarabloh is awesome, makes you want to get the khanda going loudly

GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
keeping sarbloh is not only a sign of chardee kala but it also helps sciencetifically.

When I was little the doctor indicated that I didn't have enough iron because I was a vegetarian. Soon I kept Sarbloh; after about a month when I went back to the doctor they indicated that the amount of iron in me was perfect, the doctor were dumfound.thumbs up
Dass has only been keeping this wonderful rehat for little over 6months now and its going great. At first though I had many doubts about bibek let alone sarbloh, I was young and naive didnt really understand at the time and would mock those who kept bibek/sarbloh even as far as calling it bhramanvaad sad smiley.

I was given Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh's autobiography by my father when I was in college and told me to read it as he knew that a young mans mind is full of vice so thought lets give it a go whats the worst that can happen. Reading Bhai Sahibs book I was amazed how fair a sikh can go to keep rehat which brought me down to tears as I analyzed myself and saw so many faults and negative words said to people that I eventually began to have respect/love for. I decided to start doing nitnem as was was quiet adept in reading gurmukhi and reading other gurmat related books.

2007 Uk Vaisakhi smagam dass went for to the amrit sanchar, was blessed with naam,bani,bana was the happiest I have ever been smiling smiley. I started to read extra bani out of curiosity and was again amazed how deep gurbani is and how great Guru Sahib is so kept firm bibek (not eating out and only eating from gursikhs hands).

June 2010 just finished my univeristy exams when it struck me, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh went without food and water for 40days as was not prepared by gurmat standards, he wasnt doing this for no reason but to awaken the panth and bring back tatgurmat asool. When I analyzed myself I go if Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh did this to awaken the panth while in jail facing great hardships why can not keep sarbloh while having such an easy lifestyle that when i realized that sarbloh is an important rehat to keep and I know wanted to keep it firmly and never break it (seeing that Bhai Sahib never broke it even after being freed from jail).

I wasnt a great cook but was a quick learner and learned how to make few dishes (masran dee daal being my favorite and speciality tongue sticking out smiley) and prepared food from sarbloh only. With Guru Sahibs kirpa dass has been able to keep a firm amritvela, read more bania permanantly, wear gurmukhi bana, open a sehaj paat, and reading on tatgurmat asools ever since.

So for ranting on.

Benti to all the sangats charana that you do a small ardas for dass to keep tatgurmat asool, gursikhi rehni,behni sehni and kehni and practicing them in dass's life.
Sarablos awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I always keep a bata in my room, just to look at it haha

guptkhalsa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> keeping sarbloh is not only a sign of chardee kala
> but it also helps sciencetifically.
>
> When I was little the doctor indicated that I
> didn't have enough iron because I was a
> vegetarian. Soon I kept Sarbloh; after about a
> month when I went back to the doctor they
> indicated that the amount of iron in me was
> perfect, the doctor were dumfound.thumbs up

several studies have been done on this and they have shown a clear link between cooking in iron and reduced incidence of anemia.
you can also see the tradition of cooking in iron in primarily vegetarian cultures dating back thousands of years.
so yeah, there's something to it. smiling smiley
Anonymous User
Re: How Sarbloh Bibek has helped you?
January 06, 2011 03:48AM
Vaheguroo, Dhan Guroo Dhan Guroo Pyare!!

Bhai Trilochan Singh Ji, your post was very inspiring and deep!! Vahegurooo

ho balihaaree thi(n)n ka(n)o jo guramukh sikhaa ||
I am a sacrifice to those Sikhs who are Gurmukhs.
jo har naam dhhiaaeidhae thin dharasan pikhaa ||
I behold the Blessed Vision, the Darshan of those who meditate on the Lord's Name.
If we keep sarbloh we can reuse da bhandays but if we eat in foam bhandays we have to throw them after eating.

So keeping sarbloh is very helpful.

daas,
khalsaji.
Bhai Trilochan Singh ji, your pizza is also a speciality tongue sticking out smiley

I read that some of the Iron ions reacts oxidising agents in our food, preventing them from entering our food, n stopping the breakdown of our cells
Guru pyaareyo, can we have some personal spiritual experiences please?
If you eat in sarbloh bhande you dont have to worry about your health because you will never get your iron low.

daas,
khalsaji.
Trilochan Paaji, i have recently become bibek and finding hard to do so as i live n study in Uni! I have always wanted to do it, and now I thinks its my time to start practicing and keeping it, however I struggle to keep it when im in uni, and esp when im with family. As I come from a family that are non- gursikh, and all are moniee, my family will take offence if I don’t eat their food which as been made. Its even more difficult when I live with 9 other in one house and everyone expects you to do the same n become 'extreme' in your actions. When I try and explain me becoming bibek I feel like a outcaste (even though I know what I’m doing is going to benefit me).

With guruji's kirpa i have stopped eating out and making my own food, I wish to become sarbloh bebki one day, hopefully soon! And with Guruji's blessing again I have ordered bateh smiling smiley
To keep sarbloh, you only need a plate a glass and a bata. The hard thing is keeping the sucham when your famiily is non- Gursikh.
To seek out vaheguru you have to be kind of selfish and not care about what the others think.

Guptkhalsa
You did the right thing bhanji.
Guru sahib will help you.

Daas,
Khalsaji.
What do i do when my family go against me?
How can I try to make them undertstand?

It's easier said then done! iv been ignoring them and just doing what I think is right, iv been doing that my whole life, thats why im the only amrithdhari in my family ..

gupt singhni
bhenjeeo gupt singhi jee

vaheguroo

as Dasam Pita's Fauj, it is our duty to of course, Naam Japnaa and Japaunaa (getting others to jap naam)
this includes preaching about amrit, rehit, gurmat jeevan.

If you have never ever sat down with your family and tried to talk to them in regards with sikhee, just having a general conversation, then it's high time you do so.

This will build their interest slowly as you learn to involve them in gurmat conversations.

Then again, its ultimately down to whether guroo sahib has written "sikhee" on people's foreheads or not.

Some get it young, some old, some not until next lives. We can only try.

If interest doesn't seem to build up, then shift the focus onto yourself again and take it from there.

Gurrrrrooooooooo
Gurfatehhh jio,

I made my first sarbloh meal today; I cooked something simple like pasta! I cleaned everything the bata and the ingredients.
I ate the pasta straight away, but towards the end it tasted very tangy, not the normal taste I’m used too! Is this normal?
also I felt like after I was about to be sick!

I don’t know what to do; I’m a little scared now eating from sarbloh again due to me feeling sick the first time.
Also I am anaemic too, would affect me in anyway, n should I go to the doctor and tell them my dieting is changing?

gupt singhni
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login