ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਸੁਪਨ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਾਨਕ ਬਨੇ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ - vichaar pls.

Posted by Susheel Kaur 
can someone pls vichaar on this shabad of Bhai Gurdas:

ਸੁਪਨ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਾਨਕ ਬਨੇ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ
ਪਾਵਨ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਆਜ ਮੇਰੈ ਆਏ ਹੈ ॥
ਪਰਮ ਦਇਆਲ ਲਾਲ ਲੋਚਨ ਬਿਸਾਲ ਮੁਖ
ਬਚਨ ਰਸਾਲ ਮਧੁ ਮਧੁਰ ਪੀਆਏ ਹੈ ॥
ਸੋਭਿਤ ਸਿਜਾਸਨ ਬਿਲਾਸਨ ਦੈ ਅੰਕਮਾਲ
ਪ੍ਰੇਮਰਸ ਬਿਸਮ ਹੁਇ ਸਹਜ ਸਮਾਏ ਹੈ ॥
ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕ ਸਬਦ ਸੁਨਿ ਅਖੀਆ ਉਘਰਿ ਗਈ
ਭਈ ਜਲ ਮੀਨ ਗਤਿ ਬਿਰਹ ਜਗਾਏ ਹੈ ॥205॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

ਸੁਪਨ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਬਾਨਕ ਬਨੇ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ
ਪਾਵਨ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਆਜ ਮੇਰੈ ਆਏ ਹੈ ॥

I saw him (my beloved) in a dream. It was an amazing site (Chitr sight, picture), his form was adorned (Banak means roop or form) in a wonderous way. My extremely sacred and revered friend, today came to me (in my dream).

ਪਰਮ ਦਇਆਲ ਲਾਲ ਲੋਚਨ ਬਿਸਾਲ,
ਮੁਖ ਬਚਨ ਰਸਾਲ ਮਧੁ ਮਧੁਰ ਪੀਆਏ ਹੈ

Param Dyaal means that is he the greatest merciful and he is my beloved Laal (a very precious thing). He has beautiful eyes. The bisraam above should be after Bisaal and not after Mukh as you have quoted. Words or speech from his mouth is nectarously sweet and this way, he has made me drink Madh Madhur i.e. sweet and delicious honey.

ਸੋਭਿਤ ਸਿਜਾਸਨ ਬਿਲਾਸਨ ਦੈ ਅੰਕਮਾਲ
ਪ੍ਰੇਮਰਸ ਬਿਸਮ ਹੁਇ ਸਹਜ ਸਮਾਏ ਹੈ ॥

He was seated on the beautiful bed and by embracing him I experienced great anand. Lost in the wonder of nectar of his love, I got immersed in him.

ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕ ਸਬਦ ਸੁਨਿ ਅਖੀਆ ਉਘਰਿ ਗਈ
ਭਈ ਜਲ ਮੀਨ ਗਤਿ ਬਿਰਹ ਜਗਾਏ ਹੈ ॥

I the chatrik (a bird that longs for rain drop), after hearing the divine shabad realized everything (ਅਖੀਆ ਉਘਰਿ ਗਈ - my eyes opened). My condition has become like that of fish and water. Great Bairaag (sorrow of separation) has sprouted inside me.

The conclusion is that after seeing the beloved one in dream, now Bhai Sahib is begging for his darshan in real life. The dream has now created great Bairaag to see him.

The above is based on my lowly intelligence. I am sure there are many errors. Sangat baksh lavae jee.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
vaaheguru!

Thanks for the arth Bhai Sahib. I never realized the bishraam (or bisraam) should be after besaal.

Can you please also share the background (sakhi) of this kabit?
Umkeo Heo jee, I am not really sure of the background of this Kabit but it does seem like Bhai Sahib wrote this after having some spiritual experience.

Kulbir Singh
Is it supposed to be bisraam or bishraam?
The original is Vishraam but in Punjabi we say Bishraam.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login